7 Low-Cost Tricks to Sell Your Dallas Home This Fall
Posted on September 4, 2017 | Back to blogDallas Real EstateDFW Real Estate Market sell dallas house
Now that summer is over, are you worried that you’ve missed your chance to sell your home this year? It’s true, the changing of the seasons tends to put a chill on home sales. But don’t worry, the fall can still be a great time to sell your Dallas home, if you know how.
Dallas Home Prices Rise in the Fall
The common wisdom is that home prices drop as the temperature goes down, but that’s not always true. Last year, Dallas real estate prices bottomed out in August, and then rose gradually during the fall months. In September 2016, the median list price in Dallas was $357,000, which had risen 2% by November.
But the fall price bump doesn’t last long. After November, Dallas home prices dropped 4% during the winter, erasing previous gains.
Dallas real estate prices tend to keep dropping over the winter, before recovering in the spring. Since Dallas homes spend an average of 42 days on the market, it’s best to market your home before October. That will give you the best opportunity to sell your home this fall.
How to Sell Your Home Before the Holidays
Home buyers who are shopping in the fall are more serious about making an offer. Now that families have finished their summer vacations and the kids are back in school, shoppers want to buy a home before winter hits. Here’s how to make your Dallas home stand out from the competition.
- De-clutter every room. Pare down your closets to the absolute essentials, and you’ll make them seem roomier. Move everything you don’t need into storage.
- Dress up your furniture with fall accents, such as throws and pillows in golden yellows, fiery oranges, and bright reds.
- Clean every part of your house, inside and outside, including the windows.
- Test the HVAC system. Change the furnace filter to help keep the inside air smelling fresh and clean. Consider hiring a professional to clean out your air ducts.
- Trim up the lawn. Just because summer is over, that doesn’t mean buyers will ignore your landscaping. Pull any errant weeds, cut back dead foliage, and rake up the leaves.
- Turn on the lights. To chase away fall’s long shadows, consider adding lamps and spotlights to dark rooms. Turn on closet lights, too. Bring in as much natural light as possible by opening all blinds and drapes.
- Offer up some delicious fall treats. Simmer hot apple cider on the stove or pop cinnamon rolls into the oven before a showing. Nothing makes buyers feel at home quicker than the aroma of fresh home baking.
Fastest Tip for Selling a Home in the Fall
Once you’ve decided it’s time to sell your home, there’s no reason to wait. Find out how quickly you could sell your home this fall with We Buy Ugly Houses®. You won’t have to repair anything, clean anything, or get inspections or appraisals. Contact your Dallas We Buy Ugly Houses agent today to get a cash offer on your home.
*Each Franchise is independently owned and operated.