We Buy Ugly Houses Home Seller's FAQ
If you have We Buy Ugly Houses questions, you're visiting the right page. You'll find the answers to our most frequently asked questions here that might give you the exact information you need. If you don't find the answers to your We Buy Ugly Houses questions on this page, we're more than happy to answer your questions personally. Just give us a call at (866) 200-6475, or fill out our convenient online contact form anytime.
- Who typically sells homes to We Buy Ugly Houses?
- What exactly is an "ugly" house?
- How does the house buying process work?
- Will you pay market value for my house?
- How do you determine the exact price you'll pay for my home?
- Do you buy townhouses and condos as well?
- Will you buy a mobile home?
- Will I have to pay a fee for you to visit and make an offer on my house?
- Am I obligated to you in any way if I call or submit your website contact form with information about my house?
- Who is We Buy Ugly Houses?
- Are other companies advertising they buy "ugly houses" associated with you?
- Can you answer more of my We Buy Ugly Houses Questions?
Q. Who typically sells houses to We Buy Ugly Houses?
A. That’s one of the top We Buy Ugly Houses questions we get, and it has a simple answer – people all over the United States from all walks of life. People sell their houses to us for a variety of reasons, including:
- Needing to sell inherited property quickly
- Wanting to unload rental property with problematic renters
- Relocating to another area
- Going through a divorce and needing to liquidate assets
- Being behind on mortgage payments or facing foreclosure
- Not wanting to invest time or money into making necessary repairs
- and more
The most common trait people who sell to We Buy Ugly Houses share is the need to sell a house fast to a respected, honest homebuyer that will ensure a quick, hassle free sale.
Q. What exactly is an “ugly” house?
A. This is one of the We Buy Ugly Houses questions we’re asked all the time, so we actually came up with a classification for what we deem “ugly.” In our definition, we take it beyond just a house that is in poor condition or is visually ugly. We think situations can also make a house ugly, including:
- Houses with serious structural issues like foundation problems
- Houses located in less than desirable neighborhoods or high crime areas
- Houses that are no longer convenient for a homeowner (long commute to work)
- Houses located in flood plans or in areas prone to the effects of the weather
- Houses with high interest rate mortgages or undesirable mortgage financing
- Houses with payments and mortgage balances that are too high for the homeowner to handle
- Houses that hold bad memories for a homeowner, such as divorce, death of a loved one, or tragic experience
- Houses that create any other type of reason for a homeowner to want or need to move, including downsizing or relocating to another city
- Give us some brief information about your house by calling us at (866) 200-6475, or filling out and submitting our convenient website contact form.
- A local We Buy Ugly Houses franchisee in your area will contact you quickly to arrange a visit to your house.
- Our franchisee will explain the entire selling process to you and answer all of your We Buy Ugly Houses questions before evaluating the condition of your house and making a fair cash offer.
- If you accept our franchisee’s no-obligation cash offer, we’ll quickly set up a closing so you get your cash and out of your ugly house fast.
Q. Will you pay market value for my house?
A. After answering your We Buy Ugly Houses questions and evaluating the condition of your house, our local franchisee will make a fair, no-obligation all cash offer on your house discounted from the expected retail value after a full renovation.
Our franchisees will buy your house, but only at a price below market value so it can resell after renovations for a profit. However, our franchisee will pay cash for your house, take care of normal closing costs, and close quickly so you can move on fast. These are conveniences that all add up to a great deal for just about any homeowner with an ugly house.
Q. How do you determine the exact price you’ll pay for my house?
A. Our franchisees consider a variety of factors when determining a cash price for your house. Prior to your consultation and answering your We Buy Ugly Houses questions, our franchisee will evaluate
- The current condition of your house
- The cost and extent of repairs and renovations required
- The amount of time it will take to complete needed repairs and renovations
- The retail value of your house compared to others in the area after completing repairs and renovations
- The amount of real estate commissions required to sell the house after repairs and renovations
- The cost of maintaining the house during repairs and renovations until it’s ready to put on the market, including insurance, taxes, loan payments, utilities, and more
Q. Do you buy townhouses and condos as well?
A. Yes, we buy townhouses and condos. To go ahead and answer another of the common We Buy Ugly Houses questions we’re asked – we also buy duplexes, multitenant buildings, and even some commercial properties as well.
Q. Will I have to pay a fee for you to visit and make an offer on my house?
A. Absolutely not. You won’t have to pay a dime to have one of our local franchisees answer your We Buy Ugly Houses questions, visit your house, or make an all cash offer for your house.
Q. Am I obligated to you in any way if I call or submit your website contact form with information about my house?
A. No. You’re never under obligation to We Buy Ugly Houses or our local franchisees when you contact us via phone or our website contact form. We answer your We Buy Ugly Houses questions, evaluate your house, and make a no-obligation all cash offer free of charge. We’re happy to give you our time and information. It’s all up to you whether you decide to sell to us – or not..
Q. Who is We Buy Ugly Houses?
A. We Buy Ugly Houses, also known as HomeVestors of America, is a franchise corporation with a home base located in Dallas, TX. On Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Franchise 500” list for five years, we’re the largest franchisor in the business of buying houses for cash. With almost 200 independently owned franchisees in 45 states, we’re also the most successful real estate franchisor in the U.S.
Q. Are other companies advertising they buy “ugly houses” associated with you?
A. No. This is perhaps one of the most important We Buy Ugly Houses questions we answer. We Buy Ugly Houses, HomeVestors of America, and our local franchisees are the only real We Buy Ugly Houses experts. Any other individuals or companies using the “We Buy Ugly Houses” trademarked slogan is not associated with us in any way. We’ve even filed and won many lawsuits against individuals and companies trying to deceive or defraud consumers by infringing on our trademark.
Q. Can you answer more of my We Buy Ugly Houses Questions?
A. Sure! We’re happy to answer any other We Buy Ugly Houses question you may have. Please contact us through our website or give us a call toll free at (866) 200-6475 to speak personally with one of our house buying experts anytime.
We Buy Ugly Houses is a main franchisor, and each individual location is independently owned and operated. The information on this page is not meant to be a franchise offering. Only uniformed franchise offering circulars can make franchise offerings.
All of our franchise programs are subject to change depending on availability of funds and market conditions. Our franchise agreements never guarantee our financing programs. In accordance with law, we offer all property without respect to race, creed, color, national origin.